- 3 tbsp fat/oil (I recommend duck fat, lard, or high heat avocado or sunflower) separated
- chopped chicken (about 1 chicken breast)
- 1/2 onion** diced
- 1 carrot, cut in rounds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1-2 cloves garlic** minced
- 1 hot pepper, diced or your choice hot sauce
- 1 c broccoli florets (+any other desired vegetables)
- 2-3 c pre-cooked rice, grain, or cauliflower rice
- 2 tbsp tamari, soy sauce, coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp pineapple juice
- 1-2 drops toasted sesame oil
- 1 egg
- Heat large frying pan or wok to medium low temperature for about a minute.
- Add 1 tbsp oil and let it heat.
- Add chopped chicken and 1/4 tsp salt. Sautee until cooked through. Remove once finished.
- Add onions, carrot, 1/4 tsp salt (do not skip) and stir frequently to allow the vegetables to sweat and become translucent- about 5 minutes. Add more oil if you need.
- Add garlic and hot pepper if using.
- Once vegetable begin to caramelize, add the remaining vegetables and additional salt or oil if necessary to help it become tender. If you want to speed this up, use a lid to create some steam.
- Once the vegetables are tender, add your rice, choice grain or cauliflower rice with 1 Tbsp oil, soy sauce, pineapple juice, toasted sesame oil, dry spices (if using instead of fresh garlic, onion, hot pepper) and stir often to prevent sticking or burning on the pan.
- Once the ingredients are well incorporated and the rice has begun to fry (with little sticking), create a well and add an additional tsp of oil and your egg. Let it fry for a minute, then begin to scramble. Do not stir with the other ingredients.
- Once the egg is cooked, stir everything together once again and add your chicken back in to the mix. Add any additional spices, soy sauce or hot sauce before removing from heat.
- Serve with green onions, chives, cilantro, hot sauce or more soy sauce if desired.
For more tips on including more vegetables into your diet, check out my post on how!