Looking for a dairy free and gluten free Valentine’s recipe that you can whip up in 15 minutes or less? I love this 15 Minute Maca Chocolate Freezer Bark because it is decadent, indulgent and so delicious! Even if you are not gluten or dairy free, you will love this treat.
Make it into bark for a quick snack or fill a candy mold with the chocolate base and fill with crunchy, chewy, caramel fillings. You can add a bit of granola, dried fruit or nut butter drizzle to customize your Valentine’s favorite flavors. I recommend mixing a little bit of extra vanilla bean powder to some cashew butter for an extra creamy texture.
This 15 Minute Maca Chocolate Freezer Bark recipe is so versatile and packed full of nutrients. It has so many minerals (which are tagged at the bottom) and packed full of healthy fats.
It is rich in iron, magnesium, zinc and omega 3 fats. Many people recommend avoiding treats and chocolate to maintain a healthy lifestyle. If chocolate is wrong, I don’t want to be right. A healthy and balanced lifestyle allows for a certain amount of flexibility so long as you are smart about your choices. This recipe enhances the real nutrition that chocolate has to offer while reducing the “unhealthy” aspects that people might be fearful of. The only possible culprit in this recipe would be the added sugar. If you want to use natural sweeteners to avoid using cane sugar, use raw honey or coconut sugar instead.
As a chocaholic, I find this treat fills me up and I don’t overeat sugar when I have a, what I like to call, “chocolate attack” where I overindulge a little on my favorite treat. Lately, I have been relying on this 15 Minute Maca Chocolate Freezer Bark for a sweet treat that keeps me going.
15 Minute Maca Superfood Chocolate Bark
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp cacao powder
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1-2 Tbsp maca powder
Toppings & Fillings
- 2 Tbsp pine nuts
- 3 Tbsp chopped macadamia nuts
- 2 chopped dates
- 3 Tbsp cacao nibs
- 1 Tbsp ground flax & chia
- Cashew butter (optional)
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil in miniature chocolate fondu crock pot or over double boiler on stove.Options: you can melt the chocolate mixture gently on stove or in double boiler and coat candy molds then include added ingredients inside with cashew butter for bites instead of bark.
- Once fully melted, add vanilla, sugar, salt, powders and mix thoroughly and quickly.
- Spread half the mix into candy molds or on a piece of parchment.
- Add your bark ingredients evenly.
- Drizzle the remaining chocolate and optional on top.
- Freeze and break up once hard and enjoy!Store in the freezer or fridge.